Friday, May 17, 2013

My New Book and Illustration Friday: Liquid

Back cover
Front cover



Presenting one of my new books for this year, My Daddy! My One and Only! to be published by Lampara Books (Manila).

Incidentally, the working period of this book fell under my own father's last few months on planet earth. Aside from the books I wrote, this may have been the only personal one since it dealt a lot with looking back at me and my dad's moments together when I was a child.

The cover of this book shows a lot of how imagination played a great deal in our bonding moments. Though the writer, Zarah Gagatiga (http://lovealibrarian.blogspot.com) never mentioned about pirates, the back cover makes sense of it all.

Though I grew up in the 80's and early 90's, my dad, who under Tejido tradition was called Pop was not the stereotypical father. He acted more like a brother and friend, the type who you could splash water with in pools and he'd make it into a silly game.

A week after I drew this pool scene we bought our daughter an adult-sized portable pool that is now taking up the garage space.

My one and only Pop, Poch Tejido will be missed, but his happy memories shall live on.


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing, wonderfull ilustration
    Visit my fanpage
    www.facebook.com/gutoilustrador

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful illustration and book... glad your Pop had such an impact on you :) A parent who is also a friend is a priceless treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! This book means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete