Friday, June 21, 2013

Incoming! Gideon's 300




Gideon and God's 300 is one of my upcoming books to be launched in the upcoming Manila International Book fair. It took some time to make these since there were supposed to be thousands of soldiers in each spread, which according to the Old Testament story, dwindled down to 300 as they fought their sword-less war.

I had a lot of fun with the night sky, fires, and how I got to do characters in an actual serious war, as opposed to my usual children's books.

Surveillance also happens to be this week's illustration Friday topic, and it reminded me on how fun it was to color the sneaky scene where Gideon spied on their enemies. I colored these the usual way and then photoshopped a layer of dark aqua tint to drench everything in a cool tone. When i erased the reflected light areas on their faces, that created the magic.

Gideon's 300 is soon to be published by OMF Literature (Manila) in the 3rd qtr. of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment